Wednesday, July 30, 2008

death poem

Friday May 2, 2008

Life

There was life

Soft and pink and small

Sweet

Sweet little baby

Big wide blue eyes

The same eyes that are now closed forever

Forever 14

Why

Why did evil take her

WHY

There was life

So sweet and innocent

Soft and new

In my arms

I gave her life

It was given to me

Then it was taken

The time

The time

Between the first day of her life

And the very last

Seems so so short

The time

Wasn’t enough

It wasn’t enough!!!!

She was only 14!!!!

She had her whole life in front of her

Or so I thought

So we take for granted

That she, that he, that any of us

Will have our whole life in front of us.

Not her.

Her life was cut short

Cut way too short.

And I look around

At all the others

Who are ALIVE

Alive

And well

Alive

And breathing.

But not her.

She doesn’t breathe anymore

She doesn’t breathe anymore

Doesn’t’

Breathe

Anymore.

And that’s it

The image of her

On that thing

That cold thing

And she was cold

She was so cold

There was no life

In her

No life

Left in her

My once alive and beautiful child

Was now

A

Cold

Lifeless

Corpse.

My God

How will I survive

I love you with all the depths of my being

And cannot accept this

I don’t know how I will survive.

©Laura L. Brinker, Mommy

No comments: